Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Tribute to Grandmothers

Last week, I found out that my sweet grandmother Merilyn passed away peacefully in her sleep. She was a wonderful person, always so kind and giving, and I have many fond memories of her. She had a soft-spoken, gentle way about her, but also had the best laugh, which I can still remember clearly. Our family took many trips growing up to Las Vegas, where they lived, and we would stay in their house, and she would cook us meals, and Grandpa would show us his tools and share great words of wisdom with us. Now that they are both gone (my grandpa died over 6 years ago), I am left with the best memories. One of them is my wedding day. I was fortunate enough for them to attend. Another is when we were able to stay with them while driving down to California from Utah, and they got to meet Julianna when she was just a year old. I will miss my dear grandma but I know she is happy now that she is reunited with my grandpa.



 
Then just yesterday, I heard that Joel's grandmother Jean passed away. We have lived nearby "Nana" for the last 9 years, and have made many trips to see her. My kids have grown up knowing her. I will always remember her for being the most positive and upbeat person. I never knew her to get upset or frustrated. She truly saw life in the best way possible, regardless of the circumstances. One of the things she would always say when our kids would play in the house was, "Don't you just wish you could bottle up that energy?" She was a wonderful example to all, and she will be missed. Joel's mom, Beverly, has been taking care of her in her home the last 4 years, and it has been so nice to be able to visit them there, along with Tony. Nana will certainly be missed, but she is now reunited with her husband after 20 years.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about both grandmothers' passings. I love the kind words you said about both!

    ReplyDelete